Thursday, August 21, 2008

A rock and a hard place..... eh thats ok too.

I had an awesome time Kayaking two weeks ago with my buddy Marc , during that trip I had a funny mishap. I was showing marc how to surf in a wave when all of the sudden I was speared from the side by his boat and I flip into a shallow spot where my face became pinned against a rock and the bottom of my boat. So I was laying under the water and I began to think of how in the world I was going to get MYSELF out of this situation. This is one of those situations in kayaking well were you are basically screwed!. So I abandoned my boat and wet exited so to speak lol. But any way when I poked my head up I saw mark laughing saying “why did you do that” meaning why did I bail out. “ I was right here for you jamie” mark said. See when a kayaker gets into that situation he can’t do it alone and another boater must come and allow his boat to be used for leverage. See mark was in position to help me but I didn’t reach out, I panicked clammed up and then got wet and sunk my boat!

I was reading in Jeremiah this past week and I hit chapter 29 were Jeremiah was talking to the exiled nation of Israel, and God did a mighty work in my heart. The famous verse is 29:11 but the verse that struck me hard was verse 12-14 more this time than the other. It says Call upon me and come and pray to me and I WILL LISTEN to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you declares the lord and I will bring you back from captivity!It is so easy to sometimes forget that all we have to do is cry out and look for God. Like mark and his kayak, he is there for us when we are pinned in tight spots. He is there when we are at the peak of our game. But man as I read that verse and thought back to a few weeks ago and I remembered, all I have to do Is seek him with all my heart and cry out . So remember God is in his boat waiting to rescue us, he is there to guide us , to love us , We have to continually not panic in life and seek his face above all else, and the rest is just Pickles .

1 comments:

BK said...

Tell me about the Kenya trip.